Tuesday, June 21, 2005

my leisure pastime

other than watching stupid japanese television, that is.






i had to stop going to my regular place in queens, so i bought my own shisha and now i smoke it on my roof. kicking back and looking out over the park as the curls of scented smoke drift around me, it is a real escape. now, when i say looking over the park i should clarify that it’s not THAT park, and also that it isn’t really next door. i ain’t that rich! but you can see green things from my roof. it looks like this:






on the other side you can see the empire state and the chrysler buildings, but only their tips.

when i’m feeling especially flush, i put white wine in the base. the flavor of the smoke is especially good with cherry and rose, and white wine and ice in the bottom. the wine adds depth and the cherry adds sweetness.

it makes me happy to have habits that are traceable to a traveling experience or a person i don’t see often. with the shisha, i can call up ghosts along with the smoke.

No comments: